Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Catch Up, Part I

Wow, it has been too long! Way too long! We are not very good at this blog thing, I guess.

Now that we are about to finish the Fall semester of school, we are finally taking a breath. (Not quite, I guess. I have one paper left and Caleb has a few assignments before he's done...but we can feel Christmas Break in our bones!) After a morning of listening to Christmas music and decorating cookies, I was looking through our iphoto and noticed that there are photos in there that I've wanted to share since July! Sheesh! It's been a busy semester to say the least (more on that later...you know, if we get around to writing about it).

So - without further ado, I give you, The Catch Up, Part I:

July was a busy month! I finished up a summer class, and we headed to Denver for a long 4th of July weekend. The sun and the blue sky were, of course, there to greet us magnificently.


So was a fully stocked fridge (Neil + Joaner really know how to stock a fridge):


I just love the New Belgium style! I thought this Folly Pack was pretty enough for a photo. Plus - you can't get New Belgium products in PA, so it felt like a treasure. :)




We took a trip to Lucile's. Duh.



We hit up the Piney Creek Pool and all tried to remember the last time we had been there. (Except Justin. He pretty much owns that place in the summer.)
This is maybe my favorite photo of Caleb ever:


My whole family took a walk to through the neighborhood to the park:



I clearly could work on my frisbee skills:


We took a Sunday afternoon drive/picnic up into the mountains. Just had to make it up there, even if only for an hour or so!




Probably my favorite part of the trip was spending hours looking through and listening to my parents' extensive record collection. It brought back so many memories of listening to them as kids! The Dinosaurs record ("Tyrannasaurus Rex was a very mean king...if it wasn't for him, we'd have a happy ending!"), The Music Machine, Kids Praise - so awesome! It also was fun to hear my parents reminisce about their records and imagine them in those stories.




A couple weeks later, we went on a weekend camping trip with some friends to celebrate Caleb's birthday! We made it to the Center Point Knob, which used to be considered the midway point of the Appalachian Trail. (Now, with GPS technology, the actual midpoint is some miles south.)


We had a great time with our friends! You can read about all the details on Raven's blog - here.



We also celebrated Caleb's birthday with our Philly Fam, who made him a DELICIOUS chocolate/banana cake.


Whew! That doesn't even really scratch the surface, but it's enough for now! In a nutshell, we went to Colorado, went camping in PA, Caleb turned 30, and we ate cake. Stay tuned for Part II...


1 comment:

  1. I went to the Piney Creek pool a few years back and was so confused that the lifeguards were all so much younger than I was. Apparently the last time I was there had to be middle school.

    ReplyDelete